Wednesday, August 20, 2014

May

Weekends in May brought more flag football!  Matt was lookin' good on that field.  He threw some great passes and made some impressive tackles (flag pulls).
Sweet family joined us on the sidelines to cheer him on.
Will got into the spirit.  I've signed both boys up for flag football in the fall--I am looking forward to it and dreading it all in the same breath!
The kids got their first swim of the season in at the pool of some friends of the Rener's.  That place was amazing.  The pool even had a slide.  It was all day fun.
Johnny wasn't quite sure about the chilly water that day so he stayed close by my side.
The two Hanks goofed around in their usual manner.  Here, they were pirates.  Of course.
After dinner we roasted marshmallows only to discover we were out of graham crackers.  Not to worry, we brought oreos and made our smores with them.  Yum!  Johnny loved those cookies.
Mother's Day family portrait!
My own sweet mother is always on my mind on Mother's Day.  I miss her everyday.  My father recently handed down our collection of family photos, and as I was going through them I came across this one from when I was a Sr. in high school.  I just love it.  That smile on her face---it is exactly how I picture her in my mind.
And check this out: William graduated from preschool!  Our little graduate donned the tiniest cap and gown ever, sang some painfully cute songs, and proclaimed that he wanted to be Red Hulk when he grows up.
Proud parents!
I am in disbelief that this boy is moving on to kindergarten.  I know that it is going to be a completely different experience that what we've been through with Matthew.  This boy is destined to be the class clown and everybody's friend, and not too keen on the academics.  But hey, he could surprise me.  :)
Memorial Day weekend we spent in Jacksonville hanging out with the Joneses and attending the Kolb family reunion.  Eating bbq and chatting all day with relatives is a great way to spend the day!
We did some fishing.  Steven recalled that as a kid at these reunions he would always be down fishing and not much for conversation.  This particular day he did spend more time visiting, but he spent a fair amount of time fishing too.
Matthew took to it pretty well.  He did get frustrated when he didn't catch anything right away and when his line would get caught on say a tree or something in the water.  But overall, he really enjoyed it.
Will enjoyed playing with Lane, a cousin his age.  Boys with sticks can come up with all kinds of fun imaginary worlds and games.
Matt and Grandpa played a long game of pool.
Will and Johnny were caught being cute on an old riding toy.
Joyce made it a point to get us all still long enough to get a Jones family picture.  So glad she did!  I love being part of this family and am so grateful to have all of them in my life.
Grandma got some good snuggle time in reading to her grandsons.  They love it.
Back at home with mere days left before school got out for summer, Matthew constructed one of his crazy race tracks.
Lovely weather in May gave Steven the opportunity to take Matt & Will out to play golf.  Will even has his own set of clubs now.
The last weekend of May while Steven was working I took the boys to a splash park and packed us a lunch.  They had a blast playing in sand and water.  It was a peek at summer life just around the corner.  And what is it about a picnic lunch that makes a pbj so special and where you find yourself dying of hunger by 10:30 a.m.?  Activity and sun I suppose.  I love it.



No comments: